Evidence indicates that participation in or exposure to the arts reduces pain, improves quality of life, and helps caregivers too.STORY
About NYC Health + Hospitals
NYC Health + Hospitals is the largest municipal health care system in the nation, serving 1.4 million patients – one in six New Yorkers – annually. NYC Health + Hospitals' mission is to provide healthcare to New Yorkers without regard to insurance coverage, ability to pay, or immigration status.
At NYC Health + Hospitals, patient safety is our priority. In 2008, we received The Joint Commission's John M. Eisenberg Award for Innovation in Patient Safety and Quality.
In 2013, more than 500,000 of our patients were uninsured. NYC Health + Hospitals' patients are among the most diverse in the world, speaking 179 languages.
NYC Health + Hospitals by the numbers:
- 35,000 staff members
- 8,000 volunteers
- 4,500 acute care beds
- 3,000 long-term care or skilled nursing facility beds
- 225,000 hospital admissions
- 1 million + emergency department visits
- 5 million + patient visits
- 21,000 babies delivered
- 420,000 insured through MetroPlus, NYC Health + Hospitals' Medicaid managed care plan
- More than 1.3 million patients tested for HIV
For more information, please visit NYC Health + Hospitals' website.